Rich is a nothing short of a go-getter. 200+ days on the road a year and has navigated 40 countries in his business travels. No wonder why he has grown and sold businesses and is hot on the next one (Enrich Media). Wait until you hear about his first stock buy of $500 …. At the age of 14. Similar to some recent pods, each of these successful Miami alums have figured out a personal unique proposition that make them indispensable for businesses. For Rich, it is scaling companies, and scaling companies well. It shouldn’t get lost that he acknowledges his parents as his business mentors and advisors along the way (you don’t have to look so far for guidance, keep that in mind!). I was intrigued with how someone who travels so frequently manages their work stream. Rich shares his personal methods of daily exercises and mimicking Jack Dorsey by breaking his day into 30-minute increments each focused on a specific subject matter. Hope you enjoy.
“Anyone can learn a business when it’s good, if you want to make it--you have to find a carved out niche”
“You’re going to have times where things are going to be awful, but it always gets better and you have the ability to determine that yourself”
“Sometimes your big opportunity in life is at times is going to come when you're not the most prepared for”
Managing Across Different Time Zones.
- Try to manage and schedule your days in 30-minute increments.
- Everyone has different times on when they work best- find what time works best for you.
- Finds that doing the heavy work in the morning is best and allows you to work before the day and distractions get started.
Healthy Mind, Healthy Body.
- Exercise is the very important to incorporate in your routine.
- It’s a great way to let off steam.
The Three Essentials for Constant Travel.
- Noise-canceling earphones
- Lots of different snacks (because airplane food is boring and unhealthy)
The Skill Needed For Success.
- The skill of compartmentally: being able to do two different things.
- Model your schedule in 30 minutes increments like after Jack Dorsey.
- Don’t take a lot of meetings because they can be a big waste of time.
- Make sure your make time to get your actual work done.
Miami University and its Professors Change Your Life.
- Never forget your great professors and keep in contact
- Miami really prepares you, especially the business school for the real world and the challenges that come with it
- You have to go through the hard things to appreciate success
You Might Have Hard Times... It Gets Better.
- Sometimes your big opportunity in life is at times is going to come when you're not the most prepared for
- Say yes and taking the chance to new opportunities
- Anyone who has gone through hard times know that it’s going to get better and things do change
- You’re going to have times where things are going to be awful, but it always gets better and you have the ability to determine that yourself
- Surround yourself with the right people: find an executive you admire and listen to them 90% of the time.
- Financial Freedom Explained by Kizzi Nkwocha
Next Steps for Rich.
- Working with a seed school (a school for intercity kids)
- In order to change the future, you have the change the foundation
- Want to focus more on golfing
After Seeing 40+ Countries, See This Country.
Rich’s Go-To, High-Street Meal.
- Chicken gyro with waffle fries